Chicken Salad With Peaches and Walnuts
photo by Ms B.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- Boil chicken breasts for 20 minute cool and cube.
- peel peaches (if desired) and dice.
- roughly chop walnuts.
- thinly slice green onions.
- combine chicken, peaches, onion and walnuts in large bowl.
- combine dressing ingredients, mix well.
- pour over chicken mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve put salad greens into individual bowls and mound chicken/dressing mixture on top.
- Or place serving bowls of both the chicken and salad greens and let people dish their own.
- A fresh loaf of herb bread compliments this salad for a complete meal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a very simple, fresh tasting salad that made a nice lunch. I agree with another reviewer and think next time I will decrease the mayonnaise just a little and increase the lime juice. The flavor of the fresh ginger was detectable but subtle to me. I added just a hint of salt to bring the flavors forward. Thanks for the opportunity to try something new.
Wonderfully fresh and light salad. I loved the lime/ginger combo for the dressing. I only made enough for myself with the last of the Beer Can Chicken (recipe #9549). I decreased the mayo and increased the lime juice. It was fab. I will make this again for a light lunch. I would even like it between 2 slices of hearty, multi-grain bread. Thanks for posting.