Chicken Salad Tea Room Style
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is my version of a local tea room/ice cream shop that serves the best chicken salad I've ever had. What makes it so good is the contrast of sweet fruit, the crunchiness of the nuts and a hint of tangy lemon.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 2⁄3 cup celery, diced small
- 1 medium Red Delicious apple, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup purple onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise (more if needed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- paprika, for garnishing
- In a medicum size bowl, combine the celery, apple, onion, pecans, salt, pepper, sugar, lemon juice and mayonnaise.
- Add the chicken and parsley and toss gently.
- Cover and chill. Sprinkle a small amount of paprika over salad and serve over a bed of lettuce leaves or as a filling for sandwiches.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION