Chicken & Pancetta Couscous
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
- 1 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 -6 slices pancetta, sliced
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, chili, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk. Slice chicken and zucchini, mix well with marinade and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix one cup of water with vegetable stock powder and bring to boil in a saucepan. Add couscous, stir and bring back to boil before removing from heat. Let it sit with the lid on for 5 minutes or until needed. Fluff with a fork before use.
- Slice pancetta into strips and cook in a large pan over medium heat until crisp. Remove the pancetta, drain excess marinade from the chicken and zucchini and cook in the remaining pancetta fat (might be best in two batches).
- When chicken is cooked combine with pancetta and couscous, warm though and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!