photo by Yorky1000
- Ready In:
- 500 g chicken breasts, cut into 50 mm x 25 mm slices
- 150 g grams flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 -4 fresh green chilies, finely chopped
- water, as required
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Sieve the gram flour into a bowl and add the salt, bicarbonate of soda, ground rice, cumin, coriander, chili powder and green chilies. Mix well. Gradually add the water and keep mixing until a thick batter is formed. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the batter.
- Heat the oil in a wok/deep fry to 180 degC. Use a tablespoon or tongs to put in as many batter coated potatoes as will fit without overlap. Fry until golden brown (6 to 8 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper.
- Fry the remaining chicken pieces in the same manner.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!