Chicken Mixiotes With Nopales
photo by JN_412
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tomatillos
- 1⁄4 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 dried guajillo chilies, seeds and membranes removed
- 2 dried ancho chiles, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 peppercorns
- 2 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken legs
- 2 cups nopales, cut into strips
- 4 avocado leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and cook the tomatillos, onion, garlic.
- Add the chiles and cook a few minutes on low heat, being careful not to burn them.
- Add the spices, pour the orange juice, cook for 2 minutes to soften the peppers, season with salt. Cool slightly.
- Blend the previous preparation until a thick sauce is obtained.
- In a bowl add the chicken pieces, pour the sauce, and mix.
- On a sheet of aluminum foil place an avocado leaf on top, then the piece of chicken, some nopales, and close.
- Place the mixiotes on the steam rack and cook for 90 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!