Chicken Kale Curry With Brown Rice
photo by farrangel
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
1 1/2 cups
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian chicken soup base
- 13 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 cups kale, finely sliced
- Prepare brown rice on stovetop or in rice cooker.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium to medium high heat.
- Add garlic onion and chicken and saute for 7 minutes.
- Add carrots, ginger, curry, soup base, coconut milk and 1.5 cups water (reserving 1/2 cup for use with corn starch). Cover and let simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Prepare slurry with remaining half cup water and cornstarch and slowly pour into sauce, mixing well. Let simmer 10 more minutes to thicken.
- Stir kale into sauce, mixing throughout. Heat through (3-5 minutes), then reduce heat.
- Serve Chicken Kale Curry sauce over brown rice and ENJOY!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span style=color: #339966;><strong><em><span style=color: #2c8513;>I love to cook. I love to read. I love learning about different cultures and other parts of the world. Reading cookbooks and recipes from anywhere is an EASY way for me to pass an afternoon (or more). My 3 sons all inherited my love of reading and 2 of them are pretty handy in the kitchen, too. Child #4-- a special needs daughter-- is the one I can count on to try anything new, so she keeps me smiling when the rest of our household hasn't responded quite so positively to my adventures in cooking! </span> </em></strong></span></p>