Chicken Gyros Made on the Griddle
photo by AskCy
- Ready In:
- 750 g chicken breast fillets
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 lemons (juice and a little of the zest)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- Mix all the ingredients in a large dish.
- place the chicken breasts in whole and give them a good coating.
- cover and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours (overnight if possible).
- Preheat the griddle pan as hot as it goes.
- Place the chicken in and let it cook on one side for 5 minutes.
- Turn it over and cook for another 5 minutes.
- brush with more of the marinade and turn again (repeat one more time so its cooked in total for 20 minutes).
- Slice the chicken into thick slices.
- get a freshly warmed pitta bread and layer up with some salad and the chicken (as much as you can get in).
- add sauce if you like (lemon juice, tahini, mayo, chilli, garlic etc).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
First started cooking like most people with my mother and grandmother when I was a small child. Even back then I like to mess with food and create different things (pizza toast, cheese spread toasted, fried bread made by buttering the bread and toasting it under the grill..) you can see I was heavily influenced by toast back then but I was only 8 or so... By about 12 I'd started helping out on a sunday with the cooked breakfast, sometimes even doing it all. Since then I've cooked for myself and then for my family and now very extended family. However my real passion for food took off after going on holiday and trying wonderful new dishes that I'd previously never even heard of. This meant once home I'd be having a go at recreating what I'd had... This is still what I'm doing today along with coming up with new and different twists on things and improving on recipes I've made and dishes I've had... welcome to my World LOL Steve