Chicken & Farro (Spelt) Salad
- Ready In:
- 300 g spelt, Italian farro wheat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, squashed
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 cup green olives
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled, split in half length ways, seeds removed, diced into 2cm
- rocket, large handful
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Bring large saucepan of water to the boil and add the farro. Boil until tender, (about 25 minutes) drain well and place in a large salad bowl.
- Heat frying pan over a moderate heat and add the oil, garlic and chicken. Brown the chicken, then place in an oven proof dish with the hot oil and garlic and roast for about 20 minutes until cooked.
- Remove from oven, take the chicken out of the dish and slice across the grain of the meat. Add to the farro.
- Put the remaining ingredients into the salad bowl and mix carefully. Taste, season and mix again.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Based in Whangarei NZ. My favourite recipe book is by a two NZers, Alison and Simon Holst Meals without Meat. This book is my all time stand by for healthy inexpensive meals. I wouldn't be without it. I love cooking and look forward to preparing meals each evening.