- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 -6 chicken breasts, skinned
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- Place the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a 1 gallon ziploc bag. Add the skinless chicken breasts (cut in smaller pieces if you prefer), close the bag securely and shake well until the chicken breasts are well dusted.
- Heat up the oil in a skillet and then brown the chicken breasts on both sides.
- Add the onion, sherry, and water and let it simmer, covered, for about an hour or until tender.
- Remove the chicken and add the mayonnaise and yogurt to the liquid in the skillet and stir until smooth. Add the parsley and any additional seasonings you prefer.
- Pour over chicken and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I do use large chicken breasts (7 to 8 ounces each) in my cooking, so willingly cut them into quarters before using them here, & it made enough for several meals, even after sharing some with a house-bound neighbor couple! Very nice tasting & so full of flavor, too! Thanks for a keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current round of Pick A Chef]