MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
At the very time you are serving stir in some freshly torn herbs. Any kind of salad will make a good accompaniment. Try very thinly sliced fennel tossed in vinaigrette and a lot of freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley.
- Ready In:
- 1 (3 lb) chicken thighs or (3 lb) chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 ounces chorizo sausage
- 2⁄3 cup arborio rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry white wine
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon black olives
- salt and pepper
- Put a tablespoon of oil in a medium flameproof casserole and when it is shimmering hot, brown the chicken in the hot oil on both sides.
- While this is happening, peel the onion, slice it in half and then into thick slices.
- Peel the garlic and cut into thin slices and cut the chorizo into 1/2 inch slices or small cubes if you bought a chunky one.
- When the chicken is golden brown on both sides remove it to a plate using a slotted spoon. Then, add the onion, garlic and chorizo to the hot pan and toss these around. If you want to, add a spot more oil, the onion needs to be tinged brown around the edges.
- Add the sliced peppers and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- After that, stir in the rice, followed by the wine, the tomatoes, paprika and the chicken broth as soon as it comes up to simmering point, replace the chicken joints and scatter in the olives.
- Put a lid on and turn the heat to its lowest setting and let it cook very gently without stirring or disturbing it for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve with a salad or potatoes and steamed greens.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION