photo by KateL
- Ready In:
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1⁄2 cup flour, all purpose
- 2 cups mushrooms, medium and sliced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, reconstituted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- granulated garlic
- dried basil
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Dredge chicken breast in flour, then heat the oil in a heatproof aluminum saute' pan.
- Brown chicken breasts for 2 minutes on one side, then turn.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and saute' for one-and-a-half minutes.
- Add pinch of flour.
- Mix well and add white wine, sun-dried tomatoes and seasonings.
- Let sauce thicken and reduce.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the pan for 10 minutes at 375°.
- Serve with your choice of fresh vegetable and a side of pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved this cacciatore-style dish. We used 2 (huge) chicken breasts but kept the full amount of sauce and cheese. Due to the size of the chicken breasts, I took extra time to brown the tops, bottoms and sides, and it still took 15 minutes longer to reach 170 F, so next time I will be smart and slice the breasts in half (into top fillet and bottom fillet) so the cooking will be closer to stated time. This is our first entry into our Best of 2014 cookbook! Made for Rookie Recipe Tag.
Wozer!!! This was sooooo good and great for company. I made this for DH and I and used two large chicken breasts but used the full amount of the sauce. (Might make more sauce next time for the pasta). I did add some diced onions in with the mushrooms and garlic and a little half-n-half to the sauce for a little creamier texture for DH and also because we wanted more sauce for the spinach pasta. Served with recipe#422288#422288. Definately going into my Favorites of 2013! Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2013. P.S. You really don't need to change a thing because this is such a delicious and simple recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>