Chicken and Spinach Florentine
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless skinless, cut into bite-sz pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 cups baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
- 4 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 12 ounces tomatoes, cherry, halved
- 4 -6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- heat oil in large, deep skillet; add chicken; cook 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked through, stirring frequently.
- add spices, spinach, rice, tomatoes and broth, 4 cups to begin with, add a bit more as you see fit; mix well.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese. Let stand 5 mins; Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My favorite cookbook is the ever trusted Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book stuffed in the shelves in of every womans kitchen for nearly 100yrs. I borrowed it from a friend-needless to say, I kept the cookbook and ditched the friend! LOL Baking is NOT my forte, however, after 20yrs in the torture chamber, I'm proud to say that I CAN bake a mean chocolate chip cookie and some fabulous breads during the holidays! Anything more than that & you're on your on for sure. My most popular dish w/the family is my Southern Potato Soup recipe. It is a family recipe. Please enjoy it's comfort in the Winter months.