Chicken and English Pea Bake (Peas Optional!)
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (sweet or hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 -6 chicken thighs, skinned
- fresh mushrooms, sliced, any quantity
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed and drained
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow 2 quart casserole.
- Place chicken thighs in casserole, turning to coat all sides.
- Add mushrooms (sliced or whole).
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Add peas; re-cover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Actually, I bake the last 10 minutes or so uncovered to reduce the liquid somewhat. Or you can thicken the liquid for sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!