Chicken and Broccoli Casserole - Gluten Free
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 (18 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (Progresso)
- 2⁄3 cup gluten-free light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- butter (optional) or margarine (optional)
- Wash the broccoli and chop into desired size. Steam in a microwave steamer for two minutes on high.
- Cook cream of mushroom soup on low until it begins to thicken. Stir frequently. When soup has thickened, remove from heat.
- Fill 7x11" baking dish with cooked, chopped chicken and steamed broccoli.
- Stir sour cream and sherry into thickened soup. Spoon mushroom pieces over the chicken and broccoli and pour remaining soup evenly over casserole.
- Cover casserole with shredded swiss cheese.
- Top with gluten free bread crumbs and dot with butter if desired.
- Place in 350 F oven and heat for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Busy mom of three kids. I usually spend the weekend on the soccer field, both as soccer mom and as a coach. I love reading cookbooks or searching the internet for new recipe ideas. Having recently cut wheat out of my diet, my time has been spent trying to find delicious and satisfying recipes that please the family, but are wheat-free.