Chick Fil-A Chicken Sandwich
photo by EmKenBken
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 cup pickle jar pickle chips, juice Anjou pear (16 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 cups peanut oil
- 1 egg
- 8 pickle chips from 1 jar pickle chips (16 oz)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a medium bowl whisk together wet ingredients, add chicken, making sure to coat evenly. Allow chicken to marinate for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium sized pot, over medium-high, heat oil to 350°F While oil heats, in a medium bowl, whisk togethers dry ingredients.
- Reserving the marinade, remove the chicken to a plate. Whisk the egg into the marinade. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, one piece at a time, shaking off excess egg mixture. Dredge chicken piece in flour mix, making sure to coat evenly on both sides. Repeat the breading process (egg mixture to flour mix) one more time, set chicken aside. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- Once oil is heated, cook chicken until golden brown on each side, about 2 to 3 minutes a side. Chicken should be opaque in the center. Place cooked chicken on prepared baking sheet to drain.
- Brush toasted buns with butter, place two pickle slices on each bun and top with chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!