Cherry Date Skillet Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This wows them every time! From Land O Lakes: Snowy coconut coats these made-in-the-skillet buttery date cookies. They are ready in just a short time.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 8 ounces chopped dates
- 1 egg
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped maraschino cherry, drained
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet; stir in brown sugar and dates. Remove from heat. Stir in egg; return to heat. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil (4 to 6 minutes). Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup coconut and all remaining ingredients until moistened. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls into 1-inch balls; roll in remaining coconut.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this recipe (along with some others) as part of a cookie give-away some of us are having in our mobile home park today & they are very nice tasting little buggers! I think I actually like them better cold from the frig, but however they're eaten, that combo of date & cherry & coconut is very nice! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]Reply