Cheesy Summer Squash Spears
I have been experimenting with squash recipes(we eat a lot of squash) to find one that my kids like. I made one up that was really good for us and thought I would share.
- Ready In:
- 5 -6 summer squash
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup Mexican blend cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- olive oil
- Cut the squash into spears about 2 inches long.
- Spray cookie sheet or baking pan with olive oil spray.
- Lay squash evenly on cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder(to taste).
- Cook in a 375 oven for 15 to 20 minutes then add a couple dollups of butter to the top and let melt in the oven.
- Take out and sprinkle your cheese over the top and then put back in the oven and let the cheese melt or brown as desired.
- All the seasonings are per your taste-use more or less as needed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I am not sure how often I will use this because I try not to turn the oven on in the summer. The kids actually made this for me since I was exhausted from work. They were not really cooked to my liking after 15 minutes, but my daughter's boyfriend's knife skills are not the greatest and the "spears" were more like "halves." They said that the seasoning amounts listed would have been too much, so they just sprinkled on the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. We used cheddar cheese because that is what we had. I liked them, but the son that is iffy on squash still didn't.Reply
see 14 more