Cheesy Brunch Roll-Ups
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 7-inch flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 -4 drops bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (, for topping)
- salsa (optional)
- avocado, sliced (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, cook mushrooms, green onions, and chopped peppers in butter until tender, and drain.
- Divide mixture evenly among 8 tortillas, spooning mixture into center.
- Divide the 1 1/2 cups cheese evenly among tortillas.
- Roll up tortillas, and place seam down in a 2 quart greased baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, flour, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour mixture over tortillas in dish.
- At this point the dish can be covered and chilled for 2 to 24 hours before baking.
- To bake immediately:Bake in a 350 F.
- oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle the 1/2 cup cheese over the top and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- To bake after chilling: Increase baking time to 45 to 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Serve with salsa and/or avocado if you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>When I joined Recipezaar in 2002, there were only 10,000 recipes, but I thought that was a LOT!! I quickly became addicted to this site and the friendly people I found here. Troy and Gay were the original owners of the site, and I miss them and their interaction with the members.</p> 8740471"