Cheesecake-Stuffed Lemon Cake
photo by Greeny4444
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix (no pudding in the mix)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (4 ounce) white chocolate baking bar, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, grated (about 2 large lemons)
- 3 (16 ounce) cans cream cheese frosting, homestyle (I substituted one of the cans for lemon for the filling)
- 1 (19 ounce) cheesecake, frozen, with strawberry topping, finely diced (recommended ( Sara Lee)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat first 6 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute; beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Fold in chopped chocolate and lemon rind. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 32 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely.
- Wrap and chill cake layers at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Using a serrated knife or a string of unflavored dental floss, slice cake layers in half horizontally to make 4 layers.
- Place 1 layer, cut side down, on a cake plate. Spread with 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting; sprinkle with one-third of chopped cheesecake and 1/2 cup raspberries. Repeat procedure twice.
- Note: When stacking the layers, press the middle of each layer down a little, so the cake doesn't have as much of a dome when you put the last layer on.
- Place final cake layer on top of cake, cut side down. Spread remaining frosting on top and sides of cake.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, heat the lemon curd to liquid consistency and drizzle the lemon curd over the cake. Garnish with remaining raspberries, strawberries, and mint leaves (if using).
- Store in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an active lady, and I am not the top chef in the world, but I can hold my own. I love making things that remind me of when I was little, I love trying out new recipes, and I love learning new things to cook. Most of the recipes I post are recipes I loved that I found online, but that I have tweaked just a bit. I do have some family recipes on here too. I love to bake, probably more than anything else in the kitchen. I love to bike ride. I like to read, travel, kayak (I've only been twice, but I loved it), hike, camp, basically any outdoorsy/active stuff.?