Cheddar Cheese Krispies
This recipe is by Mrs. Isaac N. Smith, Jr. I found posted at a cooking website online.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 9 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, more to taste
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- Cream butter and cheese together until well blended.
- Add Flour, salt and Tabasco and knead until well blended.
- Knead in the Rice Krispies.
- Make tiny balls out of teaspoon amounts of dough.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and press down with fork until each teaspoon of dough is round and approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove to rack to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The taste was good, but the texture of the rice krispies I think was weird for us. My kids were the real taste testers as I was making it for them. My son (8) took one bite and gave it back, but he is fairly picky. The other (11) ate one and said they were ok, but she didn't want to eat anymore. I was really hopeful. Sorry. :(Reply