This looks really good but I haven't personally made it yet. If you do, please post a review! Thanks! Source: Family Circle
- Ready In:
- 1 (11 ounce) box pie crust mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 3 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten with 1 tbsp water
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, with a fork, toss together piecrust mix, 1/2 cup of the cheese and the apple juice; shape into a ball.
- Roll out on a floured surface to 14-inch circle.
- Roll pastry back onto rolling pin; unroll onto a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss together 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar, apples, sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg.
- Set aside.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese onto center of crust, leaving a 3-inch border.
- Mound apple mixture on top of cheese.
- Fold edge of crust up and partway over filling.
- Brush crust with egg yolk/water mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until crust is lightly browned and apples are tender.
- Cut into wedgest and serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
i also saw this in family circle, and was going to post it. this recipe didn't work as well as i would have liked it too. i think 2 apples would have been plenty, the center apples were very dried out but the inner apples were juicy. the cheese and apples are a good combo , but i think nextt time i would use a double crust and make a pie.Reply