Cheap Easy Tomato Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 -2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Italian spices
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped up
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Now take fist 7 ingredients and add to a sauce pan cook on high until the tomato sauce and paste thins out a little.
- Then turn the heat down to low, After that start adding the brown sugar try first adding 1 TBS at a time stir the brown sugar in and take a little taste and see if it is enough for you.
- Now let it cook for a hour or two stirring every so often.
- If you want to add meat to this add 1 lbs ground beef just brown the ground beef and add to the tomato sauce just after you add the sugar.
- The longer you let this cook it seems the better it tastes to me . The spices and everything can have more or less added to fit your taste. I've also added mushrooms to this and added other veggies also chopped up fine (Kids don't like veggies if they can see them.) Just a little more advice and that is the longer you cook your meat in this the better the meat tastes and the sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!