- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Add about 3 cups of water and boil till the Chana becomes tender but does not break apart. Drain and keep aside.
- In another pan, heat the oil and add the onions. Sauté till it starts to turn brown.
- Add the Ginger (Adrak), Garlic (Lehsan), Cumin Seeds (Zeera)), Black Peppercorn. (Kali Mirch), Clove (Laung), Ilaichi, cinnamon and salt along with ½ cup of water. Mix well and allow the water to dry. Add the Chana and presoaked rice.
- Add water so that it reaches about a 1½ cm above the level of the rice and Chana.
- Cover and cook till water dries and the rice and Chana tender.
- Reduce heat to the minimum, cook in their own steam (dum) for another 5 minutes and remove.
- Serve with garlic chutney or Achaar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!