Cauliflower and Bacon Soup
- Ready In:
- Melt butter in a large pot, add leek and bacon, cook stirring until soft. Add cauliflower, cook, stirring 2 minutes.
- Stir in water and crunbled stock cubes. Simmer covered about 15 minutes or until soft.
- Blend cauliflower until smooth using either a stick mixer or a food processor.
- Return to pan, stir in cream.
- Heat extra butter in a pan, add extra bacon, cook, stirring until crisp, drain on paper.
- Serve soup in bowls sprinkled with extra bacon and chopped parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
With nothing in the pantry and my girls wanting soup (yes, middle of summer I know) this made a quick and perfect dinner for us tonight. I didn't have cream so instead used some sour cream and an onion instead of the leek. Served with some yummy, buttered, multigrain bread and parmesan sprinkled on top. There is none left.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the South West Wine Region of Western Australia. I am a full time mum with two little boys, so this website is great for new ideas to get them to eat vegies!(Or just hide them!!!) I love trying out new recipes, all my friends comment on the "new, gourmet" dishes that I make. They love coming over for dinner, little do they know that I always pick easy dishes to make, just from a different country. I like to think of myself as a bit of a culnary queen! Meaning I'm not afraid of trying new recipes that look so exquisite!!!