- Ready In:
- 1 lb catfish fillet, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup seeded diced ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, deveined, and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the fish with the lemon and lime zests and juices.
- Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 18 hours, turning every once in a while to mix.
- Thirty minutes before serving, drain the fish and discard the liquid.
- Put the fish in a large mixing bowl and add the olive oil, tomato, red onion, garlic, cilantro, oregano, jalapeno, salt, sugar, and avocado.
- Mix gently; cover and chill until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!