Carrot Satay Soup
photo by Henny Adriansyah
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
1 1/2 quarts
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mascarpone cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter, smooth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- sesame seeds, toasted, to use as garnish
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a 3 1/2 - 4 quart slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low heat for 5-6 hours, or on high heat for 2 1/2 - 3 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the next 3 ingredients. Blend thoroughly with a hand blender until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into 6 individual bowls and garnish each serving with toasted sesame seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Although I am a US citizen, I have spent most of my adult life living outside of the States. I've raised my family all over the world - and I have to say that my four kids are pretty terrific! I am always looking for recipes that only call for basic ingredients. Because I don't live in the US, I often can't find packages or this, or jars and cans of that, even certain spices can be tricky. My favorite cookbooks are the New Joy of Cooking, and anything by Nigela Lawson. My passions are cooking and eating - big surprise there. I have no pet peeves, I don't keep any peeves around long enough to make them into pets. I especially love baking, but I'm trying to get away from that - the carbs are starting to stick to my hips a little too easily. I took a Sushi making course recently. It was a lot of fun; I now know that I need to GO OUT for Sushi, not make it myself.