Caribbean Jerk Chicken Sandwiches
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup orange bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped grilled chicken
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon light cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pineapple preserves
- 1 100% whole wheat sandwich thin roll
- 1⁄3 cup baby greens
- 4 slices avocados
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in peppers and onion. Cook 5-6 minutes stirring frequently until softened. Stir in chicken, lime juice and jerk seasoning until combined. In a small bowl stir together the cream cheese and pineapple preserves until combined. Spead cream cheese mixture on the inside of both halves of the sandwich thin roll. Place greens and avacado on bottom half, then add chicken-pepper mixture and toll with sandwich thin top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm the Customer Relations Manager for a large retailer. After a day of all the whiners and moaners I come home wanting to cook as that is my stress relief!! I started cooking when I was 5 when my grandma had given me a child's cookbook. I love to cook for my family and friends!! I am also a certified judge for the KCBS and enjoy judging all the BBQ contests especially the American Royal and Great American BBQ contests which are held in Kansas City!! </p>