Caribbean Grilled Steak
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks or 1 1/2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (recipe uses dried, would be great with fresh too)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced onion (recipe uses dried, would be fine with fresh)
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- Mix all spices in small bowl until well blended. Brush steak with 1 T oil, rub in 2T of spice mix. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, longer for extra flavor.
- Stir lime juice and remaining 2T oil into spices.
- Thread pineapple onto skewers.
- Grill pineapple skewers over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes or till golden brown. Turn occasionally and brush with 1/2 the juice mixture.
- Grill steak over medium high heat 6 to 7 minutes per side, basting with remaining juice mix.
- Slice steak after resting and serve with pineapple.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live at home with the ever amazing Jack, our 2 daughters, and our 2 sons over summers and vacations...two are very picky and the other 2 are semi-picky. I love to eat and make new dishes constantly. I think recipezaar is like an extended group of close friends giving you the best of their recipes and a wonderful place to sort and store them all. <br> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket>