photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together baking soda, cardamom, cinnamon and flour and reserve.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-hgih speed, beat sugar and butter together until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and beat until thouroughly combined. Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Roll dough into balls and transfer to baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Carefully press dough with flat bottom of drinking glass and bake until llightly browned, 14 to 16 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add milk, cardamom and cinnamon and beat well. Reduce speed to low and add powdered sugar to reach desired consistency. Spread icing on cooled cookies.
- Note: This icing is fairly soft, and does not harden. If you like your icing to be a bit stiffer, try adding slightly less milk and more confectioners sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!