photo by Burger Monster
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 16 ounces cottage cheese, whipped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- To prepare bechamel sauce, melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan; stir in flour until smooth, cook, whisking for 2 minutes; gradually add milk, stirring, until thickened; lower heat; add salt, pepper and nutmeg; remove from heat. In medium-sized bowl, beat 3 eggs; slowly add hot cream sauce to eggs; stir thoroughly so eggs don't curdle. Set aside.
- Cook bacon and crumble.
- Cook sausage with onion and garlic until no longer pink. Add bacon. Set aide.
- Mix pasta with cottage cheese, meat mixture, and 1 1/2 cups of the bechamel. .
- Pour into 9x13 greased baking pan. Pour remaining bechamel over the top.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until the top is set, slightly puffed and has brown spots.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!