Caramel Apple Dumplings
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 small soft caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 medium rome apples
- 2 sheets phyllo dough, fresh or frozen thawed
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Place over low heat, and cook until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Core apples, cutting to, but not through, the bottom of each apple.
- Spoon caramel mixture evenly into centers of apples.
- Place apples in a small baking dish; cover and bake at 400 for 35 minutes or just until apples are tender.
- Remove apples from dish, and let cool.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on a damp towel (keeping remaining phyllo covered).
- Coat phyllo sheet with cooking spray.
- Fold phyllo in half crosswise.
- Place 1 apple on phyllo rectangle.
- Coat edges of phyllo with Pam; bring corners to center, pinching phyllo to seal.
- Coat dumpling with cooking spray Repeat with remaining apple and phyllo sheets.
- Place dumplings on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 for 5 minutes or until golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of three and live in central Pennsylvania. My children were very active in after school activities and found we weren't spending anytime together at meal time. In 1998, I decided to start cooking my dinners in a crockpot so that we could have a home cooked meal together once everyone came home. My children now get so excited to see what we are having to eat and love the smell when they walk in the door. My family calls me the crock pot queen. LOL I use my crock pot everyday of the year. <br> <br>My three children are now in college and before they come home they request their favorite meal. I still continue to cook in the crock pot for my husband and I. It is nice after a long day to know your meal is ready. It also helps in keeping my grocery bill down. With zaar, I can print my shopping list and that is all I purchase is the ingredients on that list. <br> <br>Now, my two daughters have been crock pot cooking while in college. They find it is easy to cook for the themselves and their friends. It is an easy way to have friends over for dinner after classes <br> <br>I still love trying new recipes and purchasing cookbooks, especially crock pot cookbooks. <br> <br>Happy Cooking!