- Ready In:
6 1-slice servings
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese (miniature mozzarella balls, cut in half)
- 1 (12 inch) pizza crusts
- fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F Mix tomatoes, basil, garlic and pepper; set aside.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions; reduce heat to medium. Cool and stir 5-7 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally. Use additional cooking spray if needed. Add sugar and salt; cook and stir 1 minute or until onions are caramelized.
- Spread tomato mixture over pizza leaving a 1-inch border. Top with onions, and cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes. Top with fresh basil, if desired. Cut into 6 slices to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a yummy pizza! I had some fresh roma tomatoes, so sliced those and put them on the pizza, then sprinkled it with garlic powder and pepper. I only used about 1/2 the carmelized onions, and saved the rest to use another time. I also used a block of fresh mozzarella, sliced, in place of the mozzarella balls, so my pizza was probably cheesier. My older daugher enjoyed it. The younger one didn't like the tomatoes. I make a similar pizza, using pesto as a base. This was fresh tasting and easy to make for a nice weeknight dinner.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.