- Ready In:
- 3hrs 45mins
- Peel guavas and cut in half; remove seeds.
- Soak in cold water for 30 minutes, wash well.
- Add boiling water and simmer until tender.
- Lift out carefully and place in cold water for 6 hours.
- Drain carefully and simmer for 30 minutes in a heavy syrup made of the sugar and water.
- Keep in syrup until the following day.
- Cook again in syrup until guavas are well coated and juice is very thick.
- Skim from the syrup, drain, spread on a wire rack and allow to dry until no longer sticky.
- Pack between sheets of waxed paper in a tin or a glass jar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!