Campfire Hamburger and Beans
Although I did make this "car camping", when my sons were young, it is a quick and easy, at home, top of the stove, one skillet dish. Sometimes, I use bacon, sometimes not. You might want to use less catsup, sugar, and molasses if you want it less sweet.
- Ready In:
- 2 slices bacon (optional)
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 (18 ounce) jar baked beans (I use B&M beans)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (like Coleman's)
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- If using bacon, cut into 1" strips crosswise and saute over medium heat with onions until translucent, then add beef. Otherwise start with next step.
- Cook beef and onions over medium high heat until onions are done, about 5-10 minutes.
- Drain fat. (I tilt the pan, and use a turkey baster to get rid of the excess fat.).
- Add remaining ingredients, stir, mixing throughly, and turn heat to low.
- Continue cooking until hot and bubbly (15-30 minutes), then serve in bowls.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Hello, yes I am a 55yr. old trans. aboriginal from Sask. really just starting to learning how to cook and am really starting to have fun I mean real fun it makes my heart feel really good. But there is one problem I have with this bean camp fire I am missing molasses and just added a little more brown surgar with mustard and ketchup. Is that ok cause I am not the only one going to eat this promise I won't tell them where I got this recipe if it doesn't taste that good but what other ingredient could I add ?Replies 2