California Pizza Kitchen Style Fudge Pecan Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 (9 inch) frozen deep dish pie shell
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup good-quality hot fudge, room temperature (canned or bottled)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 eggs, beaten smooth
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Carefully remove crust from pie tin.
- Thoroughly but lightly coat the inside of the tin with the oil.
- Evenly and lightly dust the inside of the oiled crust with flour.
- Return shell to tin, and let thaw to room temperature.
- Repair any cracks with a moistened fingertips by gently patting the crack edges together.
- Brush the inside with the beaten egg yolk, avoiding the fluted edge, and concentrating on cracked areas.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stir the syrup, brown sugar, vanilla and salt together with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a boil, and then add the fudge sauce immediately.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, and then stir in the cubed butter until melted and thoroughly blended.
- Add eggs, beating until thoroughly incorporated into the mixture.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell.
- Arrange the pecan halves, flat side down, on the surface.
- Bake until the filling is set, about 45 minutes in the 350 oven.
- Place on cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!