Cajun Pulled Pork
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 20mins
- 4 lbs boneless pork shoulder (pork butt)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon hickory liquid smoke
- 2 cups water
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Put the meat into a large plastic ziplock bag with the brown sugar and seasonings.
- Seal well and shake to coat.
- Pour the contents of the bag into the stoneware.
- Top with the chopped onion, butter, and liquid smoke.
- Pour in the water.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours, or until meat shreds easily with two forks.
- Serve on toasted buns, on rice, or in large romaine leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!