Cabernet Fudge Brownies
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
1 8-inch pan
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ounce milk chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup salted butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup cabernet sauvignon wine or 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons cabernet sauvignon wine or 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 pinch salt
- candy sprinkles (optional) or dragees, to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8” pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolates, butter and oil together until smooth.
- In a large bowl whisk together the wine, eggs, sugars and vanilla.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt and stir until the batter is smooth and has thickened slightly.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a tester comes out mostly clean with just a few crumbs attached.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the butter in a small bowl, then whisk in the wine and salt until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the warm brownies and spread it to the corners so the top is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with decorations, if using, and cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"