- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 8 cups cabbage, thinly sliced (or 1 lb package of coleslaw mix)
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, mix cabbages, carrots, onion and parsley.
- In a small bowl, mix buttermilk, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar and celery seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture, toss to blend. Cover and chill at least one hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay-at-home-mom, or rather, drive-around-in-the-minivan mom to DS7, DD6, DD5 and DS1. DH is lactose intolerant so I have learned to work around that in my recipes. I started baking cookies and such when I was about 9, and cooking daily suppers when I was 13 so I have been in the kitchen for a good percentage of my life already. It's a good thing that it's my favourite place to be! My favourite appliance is a rice cooker, with the Kitchenaid mixer running a close second. DH bought a Traeger wood pellet barbecue for Mother's Day a few years ago and it is amazing. I almost always wear an apron in the kitchen because I'm a sloppy cook and stained too many shirts. My favourite is from www.ashtongreen.com, a Canadian website that sells great kitchen stuff. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">