Buttermilk-Blue Cheese Smashed Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 4 small red potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with cold water 2 inches above potatoes.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutesor until tender, and drain.
- Return potatoes to pan, add the remaining ingredients to pan, and mash with a potato masher to desired consistancy.
Join The Conversation
Mmm, this was really good, and so quick to throw together. I left the peels on the potatoes as I usually do when I make mashed potatoes, and I used garlic salt instead of regular salt. The blue cheese was not at all overpowering, and just gave the potatoes a rich flavor. Loved it- I think I'll be making this a lot. [Made & Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello everyone, My name is Doug and I am the host of I recommend tag.I am in my early 40's, I am married, with two children. Michael 14, and katherine 10 . I started to learn to cook, after I got married, when my wife started working nights, and I couldn't get around because I had my entire left leg rebuilt. I just completed remodeling my entire house, and am very active at volunteering at my childrens schools.<br />Rating System <br />5 stars- Outstanding (4 out 4 ) in family enjoyed. <br />4 stars - Very good (3 out of 4) in family enjoyed. Will make no adjustments. <br />3 stars - good, might consider an adjustment <br />2 stars- Okay- will make adjustment <br />1 star- debatable I will make again, would with right adjustment <br />0 stars - Will not attempt again.</p>