Butter Tart French Toast
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 12 slices raisin bread or 12 slices cinnamon-swirl bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup pecans (optional) or 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- Butter large baking dish.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add pecans or raisins to butter mixture. Spread on bread, sandwich together and cut on diagonal. Arrange in baking dish so that they overlap with points up.
- Wisk together remaining ingredients and pour over sandwiches.
- Refridgerate over night.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes covered, and additional 10 minutes uncovered. You may want to broil for the last 10 minutes to get a golden colour on toast.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!