Butter and Jelly Sushi Rolls
I saw this at the doctor's office in a Family Fun magzine and thought it was so cute, I'm posting it here!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter (or use 2 tbls. peanut butter or almond butter)
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam (or use any jam or preserves you like)
- 2 slices bread (white looks more like sushi, you can use the white whole wheat bread, or any bread you like)
- Remove the crusts from the bread and with a rolling pin or large soup can, completely flatten the bread.
- Spread 1 tbls. of the butter(or peanut butter or almond butter-you could use cashew butter too!)on each slice bread, all the way to the edges.
- Then spread 1 tbls. of the jam or preserves over butter.
- Roll each slice into a tight spiral.
- Cut each spiral into 4 pieces.
- To make it easier to cut, you could make this the day before serving and put in the fridge overnight. They are easier to slice cold.
- Makes 8 sushi rolls.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Fun to make and to eat! DD (4yrs) and I made these for lunch today and had a blast. She used her kid-size silicone rolling pin and we used peanut butter and raspberry jam to fill the rolls with. Thanks for posting a new & exciting lunch recipe, Sharon! Made & enjoyed for Sharon's Cook-A-Thon, in memory of Jim.