Buffalo Shrimp Pizza
- Ready In:
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 5 tablespoons your favorite hot sauce (Frank's, Crystal, etc. DO NOT USE TABASCO)
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp, small, peeled, deveined
- 1 large pizza dough (frozen, canned or homemade precooked or not)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese (to taste)
- 2 stalks celery, diced, chilled (added after pizza is baked)
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat leaf parsley (added after pizza is baked)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F or follow package directions for pizza crust. Crust may be prebaked, if desired.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Whisk in flour, then hot sauce. Simmer for 1 minute; cool slight. Pour sauce over shrimp and toss to coat.
- Spread shrimp and sauce over pizza crust. Toss cheeses together and sprinkle over top of pizza.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with celery and parsley; serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!