MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 18 ounces white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bubblegum extract or 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 32 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- jumbo pink colored sprinkles, to taste
- oversized candy sprinkles, to taste (round pink cake decors and pink candy buttons)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- On low speed, beat cake mix, 1 1/3 c water, egg whites, 2 Tbs butter, bubblegum extract and food coloring until combined (about 30 seconds). On medium speed, beat until thick and smooth (2 minutes).
- Divide batter among liners. Bake 18-20 mins or until toothpick inserted comes clean. Cool completely on rack.
- On medium-high speed, beat remaining butter until light and fluffy (2 mins). Gradually beat in sugar, 2 Tbs water and vanilla until smooth. If desired, transfer frosting to pastry bag fitted with large round tip. Pipe or spread over cupcakes.
- Decorate with sprinkles, decors, and buttons. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION