Bruschetta-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
photo by Bayhill
- Ready In:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix diced tomatoes, chopped basil, and cheeses in a bowl with olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts, one at a time, into a zip-top bag. Pound with a tenderizing mallet or a rolling pin until uniformly about 1/4" thick.
- Distribute tomato mix evenly on top of the chicken breasts. Roll each breast up, starting from one of the narrow ends. Moisten with water and roll in bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Optional: about 5 minutes before cooking time is up, top each breast with a little of the reserved tomato mix. Continue baking until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummo!! We LOVED these chicken breasts! The bruschetta mixture added lots of wonderful flavor to the chicken. I doubled the recipe to serve 6 and there were no leftovers. I got rave reviews from everyone. After rolling up the chicken, I tied it closed with kitchen twine. Also, I dipped the chicken into a beaten egg, instead of water, before rolling into the breadcrumbs. I baked them in a pan sprayed with cooking spray and also sprayed the tops of the chicken with the cooking spray before baking. I topped the chicken with a small amount of the bruschetta mixture during the last 5 mins. of baking. Thank you for sharing this fantastic recipe...it is definitely a keeper! *Made for PAC Spring '08*
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a high school science teacher and I love to experiment in the kitchen. I share my home with my husband and dog. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">