Bruine Bonen Met Spek - Brown Beans With Bacon
- Ready In:
- 1 quart dried beans
- 2 teaspoons salt
- water, boiling
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 3 onions
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- Soak beans overnight in cold water.
- Drain, place in kettle and cover with boiling salted water and cook until tender, 3 to 5 hours.
- Dice bacon and fry until crisp; drain well.
- Slice onions thinly and fry in bacon fat.
- Mix bacon, vinegar and cooked onions with the beans; serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!