Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour (about 9 5/8 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips (or combination of your liking) or (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips (or combination of your liking)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (toasted) or 1 cup walnuts (toasted)
- Melt butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium, stirring constantly, until butter begins to turn golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Immediately remove saucepan from heat, and pour butter into a small heatproof bowl. Cover and chill until butter is cool and begins to solidify, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Beat browned butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended, about 30 seconds.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to browned butter mixture, beating on low speed, until just blended. Beat in chocolate chips and nuts until just combined.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies in preheated oven in batches, 1 baking sheet at a time, until cookies are golden and set around the edges, 11 to 13 minutes per batch. Transfer cookies to wire racks; let cool completely, about 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!