Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
An exceptional cookie!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour (about 9 5/8 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips (or combination of your liking) or (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips (or combination of your liking)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (toasted) or 1 cup walnuts (toasted)
- Melt butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium, stirring constantly, until butter begins to turn golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Immediately remove saucepan from heat, and pour butter into a small heatproof bowl. Cover and chill until butter is cool and begins to solidify, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Beat browned butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended, about 30 seconds.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to browned butter mixture, beating on low speed, until just blended. Beat in chocolate chips and nuts until just combined.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies in preheated oven in batches, 1 baking sheet at a time, until cookies are golden and set around the edges, 11 to 13 minutes per batch. Transfer cookies to wire racks; let cool completely, about 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION