Broiled Pork Chops
photo by Barenakedchef
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pork chops
- Ina a saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside half of the sauce.
- Place chops on broiling pan rack.
- Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 4 minutes on each side.
- Brush with remaining sauce.
- Continue broiling, turning and basting occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve with reserved sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Best pork recipe we have ever had home or in restaurants. I didn't even measure the ingredients precisely. Made two large chops and simmered up enough sauce for 6 and poured it all on gradually at the last step. No need to save it to pour on after the chops are cooked because it caramelizes beautifully. I didn't use a rack. I wanted the juices to surround the chops. And is was so easy to broil instead of frying or breading then baking. This will become a favorite for all you who try it. Bon Apetit!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Like my name states I love Jazz. I discovered after the kids moved out, that I love to cook. No more jar spaghetti sauce for us!!</p>