Broccoli and Pasta
Fresh broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables. This is a great way to dress it up. Tastes incredible.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces linguine or 8 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- grated romano cheese or parmesan cheese
- Cut florets and parts of broccoli stems into bite-size pieces.
- In a large skillet, saute broccoli with garlic, oil, butter, salt, pepper, and cayenne over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until just tender, stirring frequently.
- Place hot pasta in a serving dish; top with broccoli mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was sooo good. We've been trying to do more meatless meals for health and to save on our grocery bill and this one will def be a keeper and a make once a weeker! So flavorful and the ingredients are usually on hand. Next time i will double the broccoli in it! My whole family enjoyed this one. Thanks for postingReply
What a great dish! Perfect as a side...satisfying enough to stand alone. I always use frozen broccoli florets (defrosted on the countertop/in microwave beforehand) and have never been disappointed. While I have been known to tweak the spice amounts, etc., I don't compromise on the parmesan cheese...for me, it really makes the dish come together. Thanks so much--it's a new family favorite!2Reply
see 38 more