Briana's Fried Stuffed Mushrooms
photo by piranhabriana
- Ready In:
- 20 large mixed mushrooms
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lb sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 roasted artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- cooking oil
- Pull out the entire stem of each mushroom. Chop half of the stems into small pieces.
- Cook sausage in skillet. Once browned, add garlic and artichoke. Saute another 2 minutes, or until sausage is cooked all the way through. Add cream cheese and cook till blended and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Stuff each stem cavity with the sausage/cream cheese mixture, slightly round the top and pat it down with a spoon so it's packed well. (This is important for the breading process!).
- For the breading you will need 3 separate bowls.
- First bowl - mix the Panko, breadcrumbs, and cornmeal.
- Second bowl - mix the eggs and milk.
- Third bowl - mix flour and salt and pepper.
- Start heating on medium high heat about 1/2 inch of cooking oil in a skillet.
- Dip mushrooms in egg mixture, then flour, then egg again, then Panko.
- Fry on both sides till golden brown.
- I recommend, especially if you are making for guests, to bread and fry the other 10 mushroom stems. They will be non-dairy treats for any guests who have a problem with lactose and are absolutely delicious!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I LOVE cooking... I got married to the love of my life in 2003 and we now have two beautiful children - one daughter born in 2006 and one son born in 2009. ?Life. Is. Good. ?:-D</p>