Bread Pudding Ummm . . . Best Ever
photo by terriers2
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- bread pudding
- 2 cups whole milk (or 2 cups half & half)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar (light or dark, depending on taste preference)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 3 cups bread, torn into small pieces (french bread works best)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional, YUCK, but I did think dried cranberries might be good!)
- bread pudding, sauce
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 dash salt
- Bread Pudding Directions.
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, heat milk (or half & half) just until film forms over top. Combine butter and milk, stirring until butter is melted. Cool to lukewarm.
- Combine sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 1 minute. Slowly add milk mixture.
- Place bread in a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with raisins if desired. Pour batter on top of bread.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
- Bread Pudding Sauce Recipe.
- Mix everything together and bring to a boil for 3 - 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside for 5 minutes, then pour on warm bread pudding.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi. I live in a beautiful mountain town in Northern Utah. I live with my husband and two very spoiled dogs, that are like our kids. My REAL kids are just now out of the house and sometimes it is a bit lonely! This empty nest thing has led me on a trek to restart cooking on a regular basis for just the two of us, and found Recipe Zaar to be the perfect place to start finding wonderful recipes submitted by real people, like me. I need easy, lower calorie, (since I have lost and kept off 52 lbs. since last March! Yeah! If you have that same need, Z mail me and I will share with you how I have done it the safe natural way. No sales pitch, just counting calories, but I have a great way that works!) dinner and dessert ideas. So far I have not been disappointed. Thanks to all of you cooks for sharing your ideas and talents. Keep them coming! Sue